Friday, December 16, 2016

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Made:

Buckeyes with Emily.  
She absolutely loved dipping the peanut butter balls into melted chocolate, and was much better at doing so than I thought she would be.  Note to self: give her more opportunities for independence.



Listened:

Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard on How I Built This.  After listening to it, I am 90% certain the next jacket I purchase will be a Patagonia one.  Which may very well be the reason he did the show in the first place, to get suckers like me to buy their stuff.  But I want to believe that he's authentic in his approach and commitment to a better way of designing and consuming clothing.

Conversation with Emily before bed:

Em: (can't remember exactly waht she was talking about, but it was nothing related to bed time or anything like that), and that's the last thing I'm going to say.  Becuase I am super tired.

Me: Ok, well, I love you

Em starts suckign her thumb and nodding

Me: Aren't you going to say 'I love you, too'?

Em: No, I already told you that that was the last thing I was going to say.  I can't say anything else because I am SUPER TIRED!

Me: I know - but it's still nice to say "I Love you, too" when someone says 'I love you'

Em: But I CAN'T say I  LOVE YOU!  Becuase I already told you the last thing I was saying!

Me: PLEASE say I love you, too! (start tickling, silly kisses, etc.)

Em: (after a lot of giggles) I love you

Me: I love you!

I walk out but hear her talking.  A few minutes later I hear her saying "PLEASE!!" so I go back into her room

Me: Em, were you calling for me?  Or pretending?

Em: I was calling for you!

Me: Why?

Em: Becuase I needed to tell you that I didn't say 'I love you, too'  I just said 'I Love you'.  I ALMOST got the whole thing out, but not all the way.  Becuase I'm too tired.  And that's the last thing I'm going to say.

No comments: